Wednesday, April 20, 2011

3 Keys to Staying Afloat In Turbulent Times

life will always be "smooth sailing" type of experience. Currently, there are a lot of turmoil going on in the world - economically, politically, environmentally, and even socially. In a world of your own life, how are you faring? Are you getting hit by waves and asking to stay afloat?

1 Do not be a Lone Ranger
a big mistake people make when setting off to new and distant shores she goes alone. ego, fearing the risk of failure and exposure, you might want to remain separate, and tough on your own. One of the reasons why I decided to make the long swim was because there was a group with me. It was a ship that offers security from other boats traffic and a place to rest along the way, if necessary. I was in the company of other people.
Tip: challenges that you get out of your comfort zone is often easier and more fun when you're in a society with a group of like-minded people who support you. Take advantage of the momentum and the wisdom of the group.

2 Stay where you are present
When I checked on my progress after the first 5 minutes of swimming, I was disappointed to see that I have not moved very far from the island yet. My mind immediately began to chatter with his foot in discouraging and critical thinking. "This is going to take forever I'll never do it! It will be so embarrassed when I was hauled from the lake to the boat partway !"
getting stuck in negative mental spiral was no help, so I took a deep breath. I deliberately turned their attention away from where I was (ie, closer to the coast), where I was (ie in the middle of a large lake with people I like on a nice day ).
Tip: its power and sense of inner peace is really only available when you stay at the present time. real joy of travel is not just about getting to your destination. It is about living in joy and discovery at any time on the road.

3 Consistent effort gets you there
As I swam to the shore, I was struck by how what I had to do was pretty rote. Kick your feet, draw water from the back of my hand. There was no magic formula to cover the distance I needed to travel. This is a series of small movements done over and over and over again. As I took these shots on a regular basis, I began to build momentum and was able to slide and go further than when I was stopped. When I stopped taking the action, my momentum and a sense of lightness slowed right down.
As I swam to the shore, I was struck by how what I had to do was pretty rote. Kick your feet, draw water from the back of my hand. There was no magic formula to cover the distance I needed to travel. This is a series of small movements done over and over and over again. As I took these shots on a regular basis, I began to build momentum and was able to slide and go further than when I was stopped. When I stopped taking the action, my momentum and a sense of lightness slowed right down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
eXTReMe Tracker